As fresh and prepared foods grow in importance for convenience stores, it’s interesting to look at what kinds of foods are trending.
The Food Channel has identified several trends for 2017, according to a story at NACS Online ().
– People are looking for alternatives to meat – or different meats altogether.
– Vegetables and new ways to prepare them are in the spotlight.
– Sustainability is becoming more important to consumers.
– Niche cuisines are getting more attention – foods from microregions of the country.
– Beyond typical condiments, restaurants are offering more unusual accompaniments to meals.